Thursday, November 4, 2010

WELL AT LEAST THE SHARPIE CAME OFF...

So today I had a midterm.

No big deal right?

Wrong.

See, I'm smart.  Not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm not stupid.  I love tests because I'm good at studying and learning and all that crap.

However today I was stressed for my test.

Why? (you might ask) Considering my IQ, great memory and my extensive knowledge of how to write all the answers on my pants without anyone noticing, why would I be stressed?

Well it started with n altercation with MugWug, two days before the test.

Okay, altercation is the wrong word.  The altercation came later. See he called and wanted to hang out (which I was like woohoo! All my worries were unfounded! yay!)

So the next day (which was yesterday) I woke up all fresh faced and eager for the world and I made a yummy breakfast fauxlogna sandwich (fake sandwich meat yummmm) and I looked at my textbook, color coded flash cards and pile of fine point sharpie on my desk waiting to be made into an unstoppable study device.  But then I remembered MugWug was coming over and, since he is one of the most judgemental people I know, I decided to tidy instead.

I loaded the dishwasher, took out the trash, swept the livingroom, put away my clothes, wiped down the counter tops and a whole other pleothra of chores.  Quite pleased with my newly tidy home I turned back to the flashcards.

But...
then...

I played xbox instead.

Look.  I'd just finished my chores it was time for a break.  But after the break it was time to eat lunch.  And then it was time for Law&Order: SVU (because I love Benson and Stabler and I get crabby if I go too long without seeing them) And then it was 4pm and... no sign of MugWug... a while later I get a message from him saying sorry, he got busy  (which is fine, I totally understand that) and that he couldn't make it today (which is annoying but understandable still) and that maybe we could have a meeting later.

Meeting?

MEETING?

Here  I was trying to clean up and get into a hang out mood for my "best friend" but the only reason he wants to see me is for work.

LAME FUCKING BALLS.

So I got a litttttle mad.

I didn't respond immediately because if I had I would have said something like "Fuck you and your fucking work you goddamn useless man-being, thanks for making me feel like we were friends again in order to use me to do more work. Next time you want a fucking meeting tell me that instead of tricking me by saying you wanted to hang out you goddamn motherfucking asswipe" instead of the diplomatic "oh no problem... didn't even know we were meeting today."

GRRRRR.

He's sick and tired and busy and I understand it's hard to make time for friends but don't trick me into doing work on our friend time and don't pretend we're friends if you can't ever make time for me.  This isnt that big of a deal and I'll get over it in a few days it just rubs me the wrong way.  Hard.

Think: Indian burn on your hoohah.

Anyways.  I got mad.

So I decided to make myself a giant bowl of froyo, sorbet, pomagranant seeds and chocolate chips and sulked in front of the TV for several hours.

At 7pm I realized I had not done anywork for my midterm and I went into a panic.

I started to make flashcards but between my anger, my sugar coma and the distraction of SVU, NCIS and Hairspray (the movie) I got more sharpie on my body (ALL OVER MY BODY) then on the flashcards.

I finished making the cards at 2:30 am, showered, got into bed at 3:30am, was asleep by 4:00am and at 8:30am I left my house (luckily sharpie free) with sloppy flashcards, a fauxlogna sandwich and still wearing my pajamas.

So. Cute.

Anyways I think I aced the test but now I'm going to go home and sleep so hard and long that it will put bears in winter, coma patients AND dead people to shame.

xxKK

No comments:

Post a Comment