Monday, July 16, 2012

ON MY WORK HUSBAND, JAY

So I never really talk about my work. Mainly because I try not to do anything blog worthy at work.

Also because in the extensive list of things that make me anxious -
(including, but not limited to, eating foods I don't like, driving too close to others, encountering bees, potential allergic reactions, bathing suits, the sniffles potentially being a serious disease, dirty laundry, a warm bedroom, over sleeping, not completing an assigned task, moving, talking to strangers, picking out a movie to watch, making any kind of decision and buying jewelry I never wear)
- I try not to add "my coworkers found out about my blog"

Well I briefly mentioned somewhere in the twittersphere that I had stopped bartending in November but I never really talked about where I went after.

I assure you I haven't just been drinking. I do work.

I joined a small production company as a lowly intern slash assistant. And when  I first started I recognized one of the other interns from a project I did with MugWug freshman year of college.
This Intern is named Jay. We spent a few days freshman year in a sound booth making a cartoon dub for one of their classes. I remember him so clearly so the first day he gets introduced to me and I'm like "hey!" and he's like "..."

Jay did not remember Kitty.

Embarrassed.

I mean, to be fair, when he first met me I was a size 6, had crazy fucking zebra striped hair and dressed like a slutty slob. Now I'm definitely not a size 6, my hair is mostly one color and I dress like a classy slut.

Anyways. After about a month I finally told him who I was and went to working on making him my friend.

I succeeded.

Jay does a lot of field work while I was pretty strictly on the office side of things so everyday that he was in I would linger by his door making small chat, offering up interesting factoids and basically weaseling my way into conversations. Wasn't long before he was my biffle.

Days that he was in the field were sad because I had one less person to chat with and bother.

One day the whole office when to a party together and from then on it was party central all the time.

I find drinking to be a great bonding experience.

So between work and play I got pretty close with Jay. I knew all about his girl problems, he heard endlessly about my boy problems, we bonded over career aspirations and tried to hang out as much as possible with such a busy schedule.

Perfect Work Husband.

But you know what you aren't supposed to do with a work husband?
Anything you would do with a real husband.

So explain to me why on my last week at the company I threw a mini party and it ended with Jay and I in bed?

Now you already know I'm basically seeing Skip already. But he was in Connecticut for the night and I had a few work friends over for drinks. After the girls left it was just Jay and I left drinking and talking and bonding. And Jay is getting closer and closer and I'm like... oh no. So then he starts asking me what I want to do and I'm like "well we could go out?" So I start to get ready to go out and hes goes "or we could just hang out for a while... then go out"

This already sounds like sex.

So we throw on some music and start awkward dancing in my living room.
Then he suggests we watch a movie.
In my bedroom.

His reasoning? He likes to lie down while watching movies.

So we put Bring It On - Again on and lie down. I'm like falling off my bed I'm trying so hard to not touch him. Because I know where this is going.

And sure enough 10 mins into the movie hes like... "I think we should make out"

And I sort of, kind of, maybe lost it just a little... I start rattling off why its a bad idea and how we shouldnt and how my house is a mess and I'm not prepared, like not lady prepared for all that jazz. And he's like "no, I promise we won't have sex but I like making out."

Sound innocent right?

WRONG.

Making out leads to feeling me up leads to him trying to put his hands down my pants. I nearly jumped out of my skin. And the whole time I'm laughing because this is Jay! We don't do this, this is most definitely not us. And it's not that Jay isn't attractive, like he is, and if he wasn't my friend and wasn't my Jay I would have signed up for this ages ago but I just never even concidered it. I mean... it's Jay! Hence the laughing.

Do you know how hard it is to kiss while you're laughing hysterically? It's not easy.

Well... Jay is very convincing and he persuaded me into things that I wasn't prepared for. Emotionally or physically if you get my drift. But I guess he was true to his word in that we didnt have sex. I think he realized what a mess I was though because he spent the whole night after cuddling on me and rubbing my back in a calming way.

...this is starting to be a pattern, isn't it?..

In the morning I expect him to be super awkward but nope.. Jay wakes up and he's cuddly and affectionate and I end up doing something I haven't done since high school... I gave him a bloody handjob. And he seemed to really enjoy himself there... lol

Good to know I'm still a stroker of genius.

Anyways I think it's totally going to be super awkward now but nope. He leaves. And life goes on and then its back to friendship normalcy. All that stress and it turned out to be A-okay.

On the upside I still have a really good friend in Jay. And we had fun and who cares, right?
On the downside.. I have no willpower.

Eh.

Well that's your intro to Jay. Next you'll get to learn about Mitch.

...Jay's boss...

xxKK

1 comment:

  1. tee hee. stroker of genius. i see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete