Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ON HOW I'M A BAD BLOGGER... AND OTHER THINGS

So wow... apparently there's this blog that I'm supposed to be writing.

Oops.

But I promised an update and here it is.

The fact of the matter is that the last month has been a hellhole of stress, emotions and poor decisions. All the things needed to make a great blog, I know, but where's the time??

And with everything going on I never know how to proceed with the backlog. Whether it makes sense to just write one giant post and tell you everything or stagger it in a time-lapse sort of format.

Arg.

I supposed I have enough drama to spread out into multiple posts.

Lets go back in time a bit.

So after my run in with a radioactive mosquito and a pain in the ass Joey I returned to the city to nurse my wounds (literally) and drank away the memory of inconsiderate boys I found myself back into the city routine.

Work, drink, sleep, work.

Then things got a little shaken up. See my long lost hometown friend showed up in New York.

Lets call him Skipper. He's ex-navy so the name fits. Plus it seems appropriate for a boy I knew as a trickster when I was 16.

So Skip had told me he was coming to NY for the month of June so, despite the potential awkwardness that might result from a 3 year past drunken hookup, I decide we should definitely meet up.

A saturday afternoon, some soccer and 6 pints later we're making out.

Eh.

Should have expected this.

He's a good looking hometown hookup in New York. Why not?

So we drink and kiss and drink and kiss and wind up knackered at  my house far earlier than normal.

I'm thinking this is great! I'm about to head home fore 3 months and he's heading back after a month in NY. Temporary boy toy! Who wouldn't love that?

So from then onward I was seeing Skip fairly regularly. Hanging out with my friends, getting drunk, getting tattoos. The usual.

But here's the catch. We barely are hooking up. We're doing a lot of kissing and holding hands and going on adventures but not a lot of naked adventures. So I'm having fun but am a little confused about what we are.

So this gets more confusing one night when he and I get into a spat at a bar.

He's being obnoxious and I'm being a bitch because I'm hangry and tired. So after we quip at each other for a few hours he surprises me. Because he doesn't just pull some macho male BS and make this situation worse. He actually looks at me and realizes that I'm just hungry and bitchy and suggests we go get dinner. After he buys me a delicious meal and digs me up some asprin he takes me home, tucks me in and watches a movie with me, rubbing my back until I fall asleep.

Oh shit.

This ones a good one.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?..

I'm used to the boys I screw being in it for the screwing. Not for the rubbing of backs and cuddling and things.

This could be dangerous.

Anyways this renewal of blogging has really taken it out of me so I think it's time to retire to my oh so strenuous life of leisure*.


* Oh yah I don't have a job anymore. More on that later.

xxKK

No comments:

Post a Comment