Sunday, March 14, 2010

BATTLE OF THE BROLLYS

I made a horrible error in judgment after my last post. I decided to leave the nest and seek out nourishment. I should have settled for the leftovers in my fridge. Going outside was a nightmare!

I look out the window and low and behold there is torrential rain pouring down onto the streets of Manhattan. This Kat does not like getting wet (especially when already sick) but regardless I was hungry so I suited up in my wellies and grabbed a big ass umbrella and headed out into the wilderness.

The rain was nasty and the wind not so nice but, in the range of weather I've encountered, not horrible. What was horrible were the many people who had obviously never learned their umbrella etiquette. I know its raining... I'm standing in it too, you know. I know its windy and I know its fucking cold but that's no reason to throw away common laws of the street!

Eg// Situation: You're walking down the street with a large umbrella. Someone with equal size umbrella comes towards you in the opposite direction. There is not enough room for side to side, what do you do? Solution: The taller of the two walkers ever so slightly raises his/her umbrella whilst the shorter hunches slightly (I being of... condensed height...have never had to pass over except when met with children under the age of eleven.) This causes the umbrellas to pass by without causing any collision. Water Avoidance Perfection!

Is this what happened tonight?

No.

Tonight, every person in the three block radius that I walked thought that it would be more appropriate to angle their huge umbrellas down and barrel straight through the crowd. Very unpleasant and it generally gets everybody else wet.

Rude.

Forgivable, but rude. And annoying. And I don't like getting wet. Hence when one very large man used his big blue umbrella to propel me out of his way, instead of allowing him to, I pushed back (at risk of snapping my cute little purple brolly I might add) causing HIM to falter and very nearly fall off balance. His response? "Watch where you're walking!" (imagine it with a gruff Brooklyn accent)

Excuse me, what?

Mr. Big and Blue needs to learn that when you push a 5'1" sick girl with a craving for crackers and an aversion to water that sometime she pushes back.


Moral of the story: This Kitty's claws are always sharpened for battle.

oh.... and be courteous and kind to others. obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment