Monday, March 22, 2010

WHISKEY, HANGOVERS, THE PLAGUE AND FINDING LOVE IN THE BIG BAD CITY

So its been a few days since you heard from me, many apologies little ones, but I was off dying of the plague.

First I was dying of a beer-whiskey-champagne-shots hangover. That's what happens when St. Patricks Day comes to town.

And then I was dying of this horrible plague. Now I am a sickly person, I get every tiny teeny itsy bitsy virus, infection or flu that goes through this damn city. Every 1-6 weeks I'm sent back to bed with a temperature and other gross ailments. I'm talking full body pains, a headache that never leads, the loss of muscle function that causes you to smack the floor with your face when you try to get out of bed. BUT despite this grossness I have some good news.

You see, apparently, what also happens when St. Patty comes to town is that my love karma goes through the roof. Everybody has that one friend who makes horrible love decisions. She's the girl who you tease about that time she lost her underwear on the beach with whats-his-name. The girl you affectionately pat on the back while silently sort of judging her bad taste in men. The girl who gets her heart broken so many times by the same sort of guy before she even learns his name.

I am that girl.

In high school I fell hard for a boy and he broke my heart. So then I threw myself hard at many boys and got little parts chipped away. And then I let the first one break my heart again (because as previously stated I'm a bit of an idiot) So I gathered my tiny shards of broken heart and I put it in my pikachu side bag and I took off into the world to have some love fun.
And I did. ohh I did.... for a while at least. But sex leads to emotions and emotions get messy when your heart is in pieces in a pikachu side bag.

Well.

Its been 18 months since my heart got put in that bag and I guess pikachu worked his lightning magic because low and fucking behold in one measly night of vodka whiskey and green I managed to walk away with three boys. Three! Not one, but three new boys. Numbers, emails and bbms. mmmmhmm. One is sort of a douche bag but hes sexy douche bag and he's kind of funny. One seems to be really putting in the effort (not a common occurrence in the city) and the other is definitely hot and, for some unknown reason, wants to take this kitty to dinner to get to know her. Go Me.

It's pretty awesome. All those broken hearted pieces were sort of worth it I guess. I won't be marrying my high school sweetheart (yes I believed that once upon a time) And I probably won't find my perfect man in the back of a bar (a romp in the hay but not a perfect man) but this gives me hope. There is hope for this kitty to find love :) That's good to know. So I'm going to date (and share my horrors, shame and successes with youuuu) and get back into the dating world and hopefully find a man to make my own.

So if you are, or know, a cute, funny, sweet boy who doesn't break hearts and is looking for a quirky trouble maker who loves to cuddle then Kitty Kat wants You.

time for bed now. by bed I of course mean the piles of homework I have to do for tomorrow that I put off all spring break.


much love little ones. sleep tight. more stories for you later :)

1 comment:

  1. I really really enjoy the fact that this entry includes the phrase "kitty kat wants you."

    ReplyDelete