Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A DITTY TO RAISE PITY FOR THIS KITTY

So. Something I've been looking for this year is vindication. Which is to say I needed some justification in my life. I need to know that I'm not just wasting time and money on an arts degree that will never support me or even bring me joy. I need need need to know that there is hope. I need hope. I need something to hold on to when my family tells me I'm crazy and when my friends ask "so what do you do?" and when the cast lists go up and my name isn't on it. I need something to hold on to.

Well. I didn't get anywhere with the acting front; still not on the cast list.
I didn't get anywhere with the production front because I'm not in film so I have no jurisdiction there.
And now I find out I haven't gotten anywhere with my writing either. My studio would rather put up a play about a dancing grapefruit than my play. My play which I spent a year researching and writing. The play I spent far too much time working on. The play which I put all my little tiny hopes of justification onto.

Fucking dancing grapefruit.

So, I was saddened. and feeling very unartistic. so I wrote a bad poem. A bad poem that probably still beats dancing fucking grapefruits. Murr.


Once upon a starlit day
a Kitty Kat came this way
her heart was true
her feelings blue
wet letters drip away

The tiny twinklers turn to shade
artistic dreams begin to fade
dripping paint
I'm not a saint
watch the canvas begin its decay

Look towards the northern star
fighting stepping through the tar
powdered money
and this sad bunny
burnt out in a blazing car.


Suck on that dancing grapefruit.

Murr.

No comments:

Post a Comment