Saturday, March 13, 2010

KITTY MAKES A NEST

So today began my Spring Break. Therefore, it true spring break fashion, I spent all day in bed. Literally. I got up for "breakfast" at 4pm. It was glorious. Usually I would consider spring break a time for tequilla and inappropriate relationships (heehee) but this break I actually have to work and be productive.

Which I'm pretty okay with if it means I dont have to leave my bed.

Also, tequilla and other such delicacies are not so good for me right now since I have come down with a horrible rotten flu. Now this is not my normal flu with 20 boxes of tissues and an abundance of mucus (cute I know) because that would never keep me from a night of debauchery.

This is a head flu. Which is not the worst illness ever but it sort of feels like those cartoons where someone smack you in the head with an anvil and you can't walk straight or make sense. I never thought that it would be such an effort to stand up... I avoid getting out of bed at all costs... I've created a nice little nest in my bed. I have my movies, my computer, books, some dried fruit snacks and about 6 bottles of water. When I first got sick I made a giant batch of noodles and tofu so when I do get hungry I can crawl to the kitchen, microwave some yummies, sit on the couch (or floor) eat and then return to my nest.

I used to do this same thing when I was a kid. Not the tequilla part, the nest part. I used to make a little a little messy circle of bedding and pillows, curl up inside it and pull a comforter over the top. Very weird, I know. And then along the side of my bed I would have a pile of books and games to play and VHS tapes.

Ahh the days of VHS.

Ahh! Stay on track. Wait, what track was I on... there was originally a point to this post... ah crap, I forget what it was. Oh well, I blame it on the fever.

Well I'm about to refill my water, maybe grab some yummy tofu and noodles and find another movie to watch. So I bid thee farewell for now. Much love.

p.s. I'm taking suggestions for movies to rent/watch or particularly good books. Anything to keep entertained during my, albeit few, waking hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment