Friday, July 16, 2010

KITTY IS BACK!

Hellllllooo little ones!

It's been a long time, I know, but no worries... Mama Kat is back!

I've actually been back for a few days but blogging is sort of like taking your vitamins... if you stop for a week its painfully difficult to get back into routine. However, if I miss my daily blog I'm not more likely to contract acute viral rhinopharyngitis... which is a good thing for my health but not so good for KKC.

So I wanna talk about boys (I mean.. honestly.. when DONT I want to talk about boys??) but since that could take me all day I just want to focus on a phrase that men, in my opinion, use too often that I actually found myself using today.

"We never said we were exclusive"

Now let it be known that I wasn't actually saying this in reference to my own life... being that to have to state that you are exclusive idicates that you are dating someone but have other options. I am not dating anyone and... I have.. no.. options...

(insert violin joke here)

But still when that popped out of my mouth in defense of one of my friends I could practically taste odiousness. How many times have I heard that and wanted to punch him in the face? Too many. How many people have I heard use that as an excuse and thought "What a whore"? So many.

And now I'm one of them.

So from here on out I'm proposing an idea. If you ask me out on a date and after that date decide you still want to date me... lets just ASSUME we are exclusive. If you want to date (and presumably have sex with) me then stop having sex with other people. I really don't want whatever STD Susie Q has and I really don't want to have to ask you if you're sleeping with other people when we're in the throws of it.

Now look, I understand the appeal of casual dating and I'm fine with it so lets just say that after three dates you either make it clear to your date that she/he/it is just for funsies and is nothing serious and that, yes, you are seeing other people OR you drop your other ladies/men/objects of desire and commit to just one. I say three because after three it's like you've gotten to know each other, you clearly enjoy hanging out and, if you're over the age of 16, you're probably thinking about having sex. So you should probably lay out the rules before that happens.

If you do have a bit on the side... or a whole garage of spare parts... just be prepared to have your balls cut off when your girlfriend finds out. We generally don't like being cheated on and we don't like being lied to. Yes... lying by omission is still lying. And having sex with other people without my knowledge is cheating.

If you are the girl/guy/thing that someone is being "unexclusive" with (i.e. the mistress/boytoy/play thing) then please put a stop to it. You know that you're in the relationship for a reason (like, he made you think that you were really the one he wanted...honestly) but just consider that if they can lie and treat their main squeeze that badly... how will they treat you in the end.

I have to go now but I might be back for more words or wisdom/pointless babble later.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment