Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FRANKLIN VS LIDDELL - A LADYS TAKE ON THE BLOOD ON THE CANVAS

So I don't know how many other chicks out there love UFC but I do.

It's an amazing sport I mean come on... half naked sexy (often tattooed [mmmmm]) men rolling round in short shorts and bleeding?! What more could you ask for?

I often find myself sitting in sports bars yelling "stop dancing and hit him!" or "don't be such a pussy! Kick him in the head!"

Ahh delicious.

Well if you don't enjoy watching hot men beat each other into submission this post is not for you.

So Saturday there was a fight between Franklin and Liddell. I'm not going to lie, I used to lovvvve Liddell. He's a staple of the sport, someone who has been around, and been fierce, for as long as I've watched and much longer. But let's face it. Sometimes you need to take that badass fierocity and retire with the dignity of a champion instead of sticking around for another few years to let your fans watch your age get the best of you. Liddell is only 40 but in a sport that breaks bones on a regular and deprives the brain of many minutes of oxygen 40 is OLD. Randy Couture might still be dishing out losses to his opponents at 46 but its not everybodys game.

Liddell put up all this face about being on the straight and giving up drinking and getting back to the former glory of the Iceman.

Sorry Chuck but after 3 knockouts you should have known better.

Franklin is a younger guy with equal height weight and reach. He's faster and, while you may hit harder (Franklins newly broken arm is proof of this) he can actually take your hits. Even with a broken arm he managed to spot an openning and knock you out one time.

You've been awesome to watch for the last ten years but I hope you don't take offense at me winning $20 off your first round knock out. And I have to say, with as much love and admiration as I can, I think you should go back to coaching youths to glory. You're already in the MMA hall of fame. Peole across the world know you. You have a hot ass girlfriend. Your blood and the blood of your foes stain that canvas ring. What else could you want?

Time to retire from the octogon and let the legend live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment