Sunday, June 20, 2010

THE TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE

So the lovely Karen wrote and asked about my relationship with Charlie.... well... its complicated.

First of all, Karen, omg I can't believe someone other than my two friends read this blog *squeal* and I have a friend who lives in Ohio too! She lives in Toledo.

Secondly... well. The story with Charlie goes way back to when I was a baby Kat. Back when I thought Simple Plan was the most badass band ever and my idea of a steamy night was when the air-conditioner broke down. Back when I was a kitten Charlie and I were set up on a blind date, mostly because we were the dark and twisty out casts of our friend groups, and somehow we made that one blind date turn into a year long relationship.

Somewhere along the way our sweet loving relationship got tainted by hormones and bad advice from our equally inexperienced friends and we went from cuddling on the couch to getting wasted and trying to.. well... you know. Anyways. A week after we celebrated our one year anniversary we decided to go on a break. Two weeks of "break" (i.e. him hanging out with his friends and me crying on the shoulders of mine) and it was officially over.

I was a baby and it broke my heart. So I tried to mend it with many men. No dice. So when he came back from college 18 months later and wanted to take me to dinner it was a second chance at happiness.

Here's a clue to everyone in the world... boys, girls, young or old... when getting together with someone don't talk about your past relationships. They really don't want to hear about the time you got drunk and let some guy touch your special place or about that married guy you slept with for 6 weeks while his wife and him went through a divorce. Yeah... they don't want to hear that.

Anyways... past relationships and many months of growing apart made for a rough re-start to our relationship. I moved to the city so we were long distance for a while and then he followed me and made very close friends with a woman I was not.. fond.. of. *cough* evil satan whore bag who threw herself at my boyfriend the first day they met despite knowing he was dating me *cough* And he told me there was nothing between them... and like an idiot I believed him despite my gut tellin me it was wrong. On my birthday I woke up to check my facebook and I had a new message from his sister.. weird but okay. As I'm reading it I realize that she's saying some pretty serious things about the state of my relationship with her brother... and then I realize that she's talking about me in third person. So I'm like.. what? Turns out he had left his facebook open on my computer and what I had stumbled on to was a thread of messages that went back six months talking about how he didnt love me and didn't care about me and how he couldn't wait to jump in bed with this other girl.

Heartbreaking.

I skipped school... went to my sisters and cried for 3 hours straight. That night he and I got together to celebrate my birthday which is when I told him what I had read and somehow he made it so that I was the horrible evil girlfriend who broke into his account and I was so stupid that I had misunderstood and that he really wasnt interested in her.

I fell for it and I am an idiot... I know. Two months later, on our 2 year anniversary we split up. Two weeks after that he was dating her.

It was betrayal and damage and made me think that I had wasted 4 years of my life loving him.
It took a really really long time to trust people again. Any people... especially men. It's been two years and I have yet to be in another relationship despite having many men in my life in an attempt to mend my heart.

Karen, I know what you're thinking... after all that how could I ever be friends with him? Well... when she then turned around and hurt him he sort of had a wake up call to life and realized that I wasn't always going to be around. He had lost his number one fan and... I don't know... somewhere in there he grew up. He found religion which has seemed to center him and, although its not my cup of tea, he has changed for the better. He's definitely not the boy I fell in love with anymore... he's a whole new person and while I don't ever want to be romantically involved with him again he's fun to hang out with now.

I've had two years to be bitter and now I just sort of want to enjoy my life. In a town as small as ours we're bound to run in the same circles so why not circumvent the awkwardness and just be friends. It's easier and more fun that way.

Anyway that was a long, not so funny post but it had a good ending.

Hope you keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. instead of adding a comment that is, you know, relevant or insightful, were you the only other person in the world who saw this terrible movie? and if so, have you seen the infinitely better movie it is a remake of? because if not, we have another movie date when you get back. get excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG Are you talking about the Marky Mark remake?? Because I bought it because hes hot as hell and then it wouldnt play so I've never seen it!

    ReplyDelete